Time to say goodbye Time to say goodbye

You might want to add some reverb and release on some of your instruments. In real life instruments (Piano, Guitar, Flute, etc.) always have some sort of release, they don't cut off immediately. They also typically perform in Concert halls, where the vibrations from the instruments will travel farther and last longer. If you add these effects, chances are that your pieces will sound even more cinematic. :)

P.S Don't be afraid to bring out those low pitches. The Cello and Bass and add even more richness and emotion to your mixes. Even Brass too! Movies tend to feature these instruments too.

TrickshotCat12 responds:

Release i've tried, it's hard to get right without fucking ones ears up, since lots of notes = release earrape. I can add reverb to the last part, but before that i can't it's has enough reverb and i think it would just destroy the mix entirely haha :D

But i'll try adding more bass, although i don't know if i want it in this track, i want it to be as pure and clean as possible. It's for a game i'm working on.

Thanks! I'll try out your advice :)

Let's Go! (Original Mix) Let's Go! (Original Mix)

Try doing some EQing on the individual Tracks to prevent sounds from fighting over the spotlight. This is especially important when considering what is the thing that you want the listeners to hear the most. The mid ranges can be susceptible especially because many instruments will share that range. Also make sure you cut out unnecessary ranges for instruments which are not meant to play those pitches. (i.e Low-pass a bass type track, because you won't need the higher frequencies that I can produce because a lead will do that for you.)

HyprdrivE responds:

Ok, thanks for the feedback!

M.O.P. - Lightning M.O.P. - Lightning

Prog. House? If so, sounds amazing. I'm going to rate 5 because they don't have halves. Only complaint is that the (Sub) Bass is a bit much (at the beginning), but that's just my opinion. Kinda loses the whole drop momentum thing... for me it just seems like there wasn't much of a build because most of the drop elements were already there before the drop.

2:30 Was a nice. I liked that. The drop after that seems bigger simply because more elements are introduced in the 2nd drop, even though it's practically the same as the first.

Aside from that, sometimes it feels like too many things are fighting each other to be heard. Esp. in the beginning, when the noise comes in, instead of building on the sound, it seems to drown out some of the chords. My best guess is there is a lot of things going on at once, and there's just a limiter on the Master so it doesn't clip. Maybe try some EQing for the extreme ends? (You know, like High-pass filtering the Leads, and Low-pass filtering the lows and such.)

Or it may just be my ears, and I have no idea what I'm talking about. Sounds Amazing though!

MOProduction responds:

wow thank you. We did not expect someone to make a comment that was so helpful. There is a lot of good advice right there. Thank you! There is actually limiter, EQ, sausage fattener and a plugin in fl studio called maximus but i guess non of is really good at mastering.