End of a Tale End of a Tale

Magnificent. This sounds incredible. It emanates the emotion and playing style of a live orchestra.

My only criticisms are that the solos can come out a bit, and the lower end (cellos and basses) needs to be more present. I'm assuming that all these sounds are produced by a software instrument, but it still sells the atmosphere very well.

Don't forget to add dynamics to the soloists, especially the violin melody (or firsts in this case). My personal preference would have a solo violin, since I'm a violinist, but these are all up to interpretation.

I could see this playing in a movie or the end credits of a thrilling video game. Very well done.

LawnReality responds:

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Thank you for the feedback, as well. I was a little bit distracted when making this, and missed some stuff as a result.

INGR3SSO - Lights INGR3SSO - Lights

I would classify this as techno. House has more of a side chained feel to it.

I'm just going to write down comments as I listen; All criticism are only suggestions, and may be incorrect.

- Beginning seems a bit abrupt, perhaps you could begin with a reversed chord or a swell?
- Intro is quite long; besides background chords and arps, no melody is introduced, making it -repetitive.
+ Mixing and arrangement is balanced, each element can be heard.
- The transition at 2:05 is a bit abrupt, but the melody following is new and unique.
- New melody does not last half as long as long build-up, making it anticlimactic
+ Fresh sounds and percussion after transition
- Try considering your foreground and background. What do you want your audience to hear? The bassline or the melody? Might want to bring out the melody aspects more.
- Ending is abrupt.

Last thoughts: Overall, it's not bad. Everything I hear fits together well, but the piece seems to lack development in a certain direction. This causes the piece to be repetitive; it is sometimes hard to pinpoint a melody.

INGR3SSO responds:

Hello Sdra3g, thanks for your suggestion, or "criticism" you call it. I really appreciate this suggestion you gave me. By the way, can you teach me the difference between techno, dance and house? How do they sound like? Or anything else? Please, till this day I still don't know how to see the difference of these "sound alike" genre. I NEED HELP!!!!

Carpe Diem Carpe Diem

I'm just going to assume that since this piece is orchestral, the general idea of where it's being "performed" is a concert hall. That being said, the piano sounds a bit dry. Yes, it is a solo-type instrument, but you don't want it to sound too much like you're listening to the sound of a piano played in a room with the background of an epic concert hall. Also, because strings take more time to attack, sometimes it appears the piano is slightly ahead of the rest of the orchestra. Adding some reverb should help. I'm guessing the Brass is your melody there. You want that to be your main focus.

The arpeggios in the strings seem to stand out a bit too much for me. Keep in mind that the higher the pitch, the easier it breaks through and becomes the center of attention.

Other than that, everything sounds AMAZING! It sounds so much like a orchestra, (though my bias opinion thinks that the strings could be louder because I play the violin). I would go see live performance of this.

CloakedSoup responds:

Thanks. I'll be sure to take a look at those things and adjust as necessary.