Zophar - The Hills 3 Zophar - The Hills 3

It's a nice piece. I like your use of the Reverb heavy Raindrop sounding synth.

This next part are just my opinions. Feel free to disregard if you disagree!

My biggest suggestion would just be balancing. The Bass is barely audible, the percussion is present, but the thing heard the most is melodic elements. (Which by itself can be repetitive.)

As for how, you might want to take a look at you dB levels when mixing, that might help you balance them out easier. Try to have your main elements be slightly above your background elements, you want everything to be present, but you want to be sure on what is most heard. Effects like Compression, Limiting, and EQ can help on that.

Perhaps you could add some chord progressions in the midsection (maybe around the 400hz section) so it doesn't sound as empty?

LunacyOfficial responds:

Well you see I wanted it to sound like my previous version, The Hills 2. I made it a long time ago.

Phantasmagoria Phantasmagoria

Pretty darn good. I like it.

As for genre... it's actually not that fast. I'm going to guess that your BPM is around 140 which is normal for genres like Dubstep. So it's around the normal tempo for most genres. I think its that you're just suited to making chill music :)

As for Fast stuff, Hardcore is anything from like 160BPM to 200+BPM. That stuff is REAAALLLLYY fast.

Usually songs that go really fast either do what you did, which was gradually fade, or they just go out with a bang. So its fine either way.

Nice Job!

phoenixapprentice responds:

I know it's not nearly as fast as songs in the genre ... I do usually hang out in the 100-120 BPM zone. I don't know how anyone could make a song that's 160+ bpm O_O
Thank you!

Panda Eyes and Teminite - Highscore (DJ-Dawphin Remix) Panda Eyes and Teminite - Highscore (DJ-Dawphin Remix)

It's a nice take on the original. Very well put together.

It seems a bit bare in the mid section though (like the around the 500hz). Your Bass and Melody is perfectly done, but it seems a bit empty in the background.

Perhaps adding some detuned Pads or something to fill them in? White noise is also important, it adds atmosphere. (You don't need to add anything big, most pads are barely audible anyways, there just there to take up space.)

Anyways, just my opinions. (They're probably more easier said than done cuz I'm a noob at making music too.) Still, job well done!

DJ-Dawphin responds: